‘Following a recommendation AWH Roofing have worked on several of our projects now. I have found Prospect Roofing to be a solid and reliable supplier, and experts in their field. Alex Hickin’s lead work skills are second to none. Maguire Brothers will certainly continue to use AWH Roofing for the foreseeable future’.
A trustworthy tradesman is a great asset and I would have no reservations in recommending Prospect Roofing. They are our only choice for all the roofing elements of our projects.
‘I got in contact with Alex at AWH Roofing through the Lead Sheet Association and I was delighted to find he is not only a highly skilled Lead Worker but also excels in all aspects of roof work. We use Prospect Roofing in the safe knowledge that they always give us a fast response to all our roofing problems, their prices are competitive and we know that their reports are thorough
REPORT ON THE LEAD ROOFING TO 11 BENTINCK STREET MARYLEBONE LONDON
FOR PROSPECT ROOFING LTD ON BEHALF OF
ARC MAJOR PROJECTS
MR I G HARVEY TRADITIONAL METAL ROOFING CONSULTANT
TRADITIONAL METAL ROOFING CONSULTANT
40 GORDON ROAD, WHITSTABLE , KENT ,CT5 4NF
Mr I G Harvey was approached by Mr Alex Hickin of Prospect Roofing to carry out an inspection and provide a report in order to assess the technical competence and workmanship of new lead roofing carried out to 11 Bentinck St Marylebone London being refurbished by ARC Major Projects
Mr I G Harvey is an independent consultant specialising in traditional fully supported roofing metals of Lead, Aluminium, Copper, Galvanised steel, Stainless Steel, and Zinc A copy of Mr I G Harvey’s professional history may be found in Appendix A
A site inspection was carried out on 13/06/2018 commencing at 11.30 am and leaving the site at 12.30 am. The weather conditions overcast and dry, a temperature of 15c and with a light wind. Mr Alex Hickin of AWH Roofing and Mr Malcolm Woodward ARC Major PROJECTS were in attendance.
Access to the buildings roof was by ladder and scaffold to roof level.
The following points were noted:-
- The property’s roof area is weathered by a number lead covered flat roofs at different levels giving a complex pattern of interfacing roofs
- The general first impression is of a high standard of workmanship which has been maintained over the whole roof area with detailing complying with LSA (LSTA) “Rolled Lead Sheet, The Complete Manual 2017” and BS6915
- The lead coverings have been covered with rolled lead to BS EN 12588:2006
- Due to the complexity of the roof and its varying panel sizing, careful use of varying thickness or codes of lead to comply with reccomendations have been used.
- Provision for ventilation ingress and extract has been provided in ventilated ridges and eaves.
- It is understood that a ventilated substrate has been provided on the existing roof structure to provide the required through ventilation required
- Side flashings have been neatly clipped and pointed with Lead mastic
- The total lead roof coverings have been treated with a coating of patination oil
The lead roof coverings have been installed to a very high standard with careful thought to design and compliance to current reccomendations and BS6915
I confirm that the considered opinions and observations made by the writer are based on some 40 years’ experience working in the Traditional metal roofing industry and are given in good faith and represent true and complete professional opinions on the matters to which they refer without commitment by the writer.
Ian G Harvey June 2018
To view the complete document please click here